Mowing the lawn is a chore that many people dread. But it doesn’t have to be a dreaded chore if you put together a Sandy lawn care routine you can easily fall into. In fact, there are several benefits to mowing your lawn at different times of the day. Here are five of them:
1. Cooler temperatures: Mowing your lawn in the cooler hours of the day, such as early morning or evening, can help you avoid heat exhaustion. The cooler temperatures will also be easier on your lawn mower and help it last longer.
2. Less foot traffic: If you have kids or pets that use your lawn frequently, mowing in the early morning or evening will help avoid damaging their feet.
3. Dew on the grass: The dew on the grass in the morning can actually help your lawn mower to glide over the grass more easily and give it a cleaner cut. Just be sure to avoid mowing wet grass, as this can damage your lawn mower.
4. Better light: Mowing in the evening can help you avoid any shadows that might make it difficult to see what you’re doing.
5. Fewer insects: Insects are most active during the heat of the day, so mowing in the cooler hours will help you avoid them.
So, when is the best time of day to mow your lawn? It really depends on your personal preference and situation. But generally speaking, cooler temperatures and better lighting are two factors that you should consider.